Awesome!!! Yes, that’s the one word to describe the experience on Windows Phone Mango OS and it gets more awesome today with launch of NextGen Reader v2. Yeah… it’s only for Mango, but hey don’t feel bad if you’re a NoDo user, as it seems the Mango update is imminent for all users worldwide. Hopefully it should be end of this month or early October.
In between we did pushed a final update for NoDo users (v1.17) last week, sorry no post on that but hope you all have updated, as it contains many improvements and bug fixes. Now, lets talk about the v2 update and do not miss the video at end.
There are a lot of improvements, as you’ll see in the update notes (or check out “what’s new” content in about page) but lets just highlight few of them here:
- Support for multiple live tiles. Yes, the most requested feature on WP7, live tiles display unread count on the front and recent articles on back side with back and forth flip animation.
- Pin your favorite feeds/folders to home screen and directly jump to them for quick access along with live tile updates.
- Smooth scrolling and support for multitasking aka fast application switching.
- Improved content layout, image resizing and YouTube support, plus better rendering thanks to IE9.
- Share your articles using inbuilt phone accounts and can also add secondary accounts within the application.
- New settings page and icons for mark read or keep unread button in article view.
- New system default theme option, and system tray is now visible at top.
- Tap and hold on an article to see context menus for quick action.
- Many more enhancements and over 15 bug fixes.
I hope you enjoy the update and don’t forget about ad-free trial option. For more information, subscribe to our blog for future updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on twitter (@ngreader) if you like.
Last but not least, We’d like to thank all the beta testers for sending tons of feedback and helping us in fixing issues, it wouldn’t have been possible without all your support.